Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Hodag BMX Club - unfreakingbelievable

IN related cycling news, I checked in on my old house in Wisconsin and found much better Bing/Google pictures than ever existed before. And Zillow and Trulia have found her too, with estimates of value but no details on it changing hands.

More hunting turned up the address associated with a "Hodag BMX Club" business registration, which led me to a track and people who apparently live in my house! Facebook and Linked in filled in the rest, as did local news sucked up by Google reporting on race results and events over the years. A speech pathologist and bmxer ecologist with bmxing kids living the dream in the backwoods.

At first I thought maybe the track WAS at the house (I looked hard in the satellite photos) but alas, its on the west side of town in "West Park". I think I did make out a trampoline behind the garage/office and now probably awesome bike garage.

I'd bet Rhinelander still lacks a good soccer field/league, but people living in my old house have kept a BMX track going for over a decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment