Saturday, January 7, 2023

Better Bolts - Titanium Oilslick Bling for the Headset

 An expensive new hobby of swapping bolts on Santa Creme is proceeding - after figuring out I did not have a Spank OOZY Stem after receiving the wrong kit, I checked my Amazon history and found I ordered this Spank stem instead:

But alas, the new bolts were too small :(


and the sizing on the website did not match the desired M6x16mm.


Contacting "Better Bolts" to return the incorrect M5 bolts they offered to send me the 6 x  M6x16mm I needed even though they were not on the site - and they showed up yesterday, and got installed today in the afternoon rains! I also ordered the Ti Oilslick washers to match the existing washers


Out of curiosity, and to justify the trouble and expense, I weighed the original bolt and new bolt - 5g to 3g - times 6x, thats saving a full 12g folks! I will crush it now!




The result is pretty if nothing else:







No comments:

Post a Comment