Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"Darth Carbon" Rides Again

2 new Neuvations later, new 11-25 cassette, new chain and a thorough cleaning/inspection of the frame and crank, the Giant TCR is ready to ride again. I slipped a Mr. Tuffy back in the rear tire too figuring the tire is getting thinner back there, though this time I cut it to prevent any folding/fit weirdness.






I went official Campy Veloce 10 speed on the chain, but naturally I lack the proper punch tool - all my hand chain tools are breaking down/broken. After breaking the handle of the working one I had, I took a previously stripped one and devised a "leverage upgrade" using the bench vise. Safety glasses a must. I used a spare Wipperman manual link to hold the Campy chain together - when taking the old chain off, I couldn't find the other - maybe I punched it in old school when I installed.


The goal will be to maintain this chain, and catch any Neuvation cracks early. May this blog serve as the maintenance log!

No comments:

Post a Comment