Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Neuvation Wheelset Replacement

The cracks that started the blog have been more than addressed by Neuvation - we are at 2 new wheels, front and back.

On inspection after the rear failure documented below, the front also had some hairline cracks at the nipples. John Neugent(Neuvation) responded by calling it a warranty issue and shipped me a new wheel, which arrived less than 24 hours later. The customer service from the guy is amazing - I mean, I am a nearly 200lb rider running on 20 spokes rear, 16 spokes front on a less than $500 wheelset that weighs under 1600grams - unreal all-around. He's my Santa Man at the moment, sending me the slightly heavier and stronger rimmed wheel to see if that will hold me up.




I am going to just consider wheels an expendable, not unlike running shoes. They simply wear out. At Neuvation prices, these wheels are cheaper than running shoes and good for about 8-10K miles. I recommend these wheels despite the doubters ("do you really want to keep riding those wheels?"), just an awesome value, just prepare to cash in on the awesome service.

No comments:

Post a Comment