Monday, August 24, 2015

Successful Tour de New York, Chinese Carbon Finale (FM166)

The Giant Rain bike worked well in Upstate NY. Having gears was fun, cruising 20+mph for miles
of non-techical flats was a nice change, rollers were good. I even used the harsh Token carbon saddle without much bother. Not as much Strava domination as I hoped, but I did adapt to the heat/humidity. Bid on a few Niner RIP 9 frames, but lost/they went away.



Upon returning started riding the Chinese FM166, and after debating Di2 again in my head, I pulled
the trigger on the RS685 hydro+mechanical 11 speed. Needed the rest of the parts too, another $800 in. Oh and new disks.

In the process I realize I have a nice 10-speed cyclocross option, with bar end shifters. Rain bike II? Supposed to get wet this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment