Monday, June 5, 2023

Wente 2023: Relay Fitness on a Solo Ride != Good Results

I really fried myself at Wente 2023. 


Went out a bit hard, had a lovely 3 laps chasing Ian, worked on the 4th and cramped out on the 5th. Like, really cramped, in ways I never have before. Completely conscious, just my legs bucked, hamstring and quads all at once. 

I was able to stand, and stand on the pedals to control the bike properly, just pushing a bit was too much.
I could walk to, so I did a bit, and got passed by a bunch of riders, including the mighty Phorest, who said he was cramping too. BUT afterwards he said he RODE THROUGH IT, by standing on the pedals!

Oh well, preparation matters. 5 laps was still 45 miles, so 10 would have been 90, so this really requires preparation and a plan - not something Wente's awesome course encourages. I need relay buddies next year.

Camping with Z was fun too. 





Using the Tesla and having Elon pay for the miles was good too.



And the Yeti cleaned up nicely...









No comments:

Post a Comment