Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Trying to Use My Own Blog as a Reference for Bike Wheel Building Calcs

So Arg. Call it Covid blues. I finally got it, over 4 years since I last really updated the blog regularly!

Lets blame energy and motivation.

I managed to get another set of Light Bicycle RM29C14's, the big fatties, out of China. I had a 12sp SLX rear hub waiting. I swear I built this wheel before. Or failed to/11speed hub is still on the old Rm29C14.

I am going 12speed microspline SLX, having wasted a few XTs so far. SLX holds up, slightly different design..

Out come the calipers.

Lets use this site, where I referenced it in a photo, but not in a txt format. Todd!


http://prowheelbuilder.com/spokelengthcalculator

and the numbers:


Rim: Light Bicycle RM29C14

Rim ERD: 574mm

Hub, Rear: Shimano SLX 12sp  FH-M7110-B

Left/Brake side: 278mm

Right/Cassette side Spokes 276.4mm


AND a second opinion, since it looks like I will use DT Swiss Competition Race Double Butted Spokes w 12mm Silver Brass 







No comments:

Post a Comment