Wednesday, August 14, 2024

The Tamo Alien Got Me Twice on the Emergency Mountain Bike Birthday Ride

Jason's Imminent birthday was revealed on Junior Friday, and we were riding Tamorancho the next morning (thank you kind bosses).

I rode Santa Creme, now featuring dual Minions with lots of knobs available. Tamo features a very tricky left-hand corner that leads to a steep and usually slippery rockface. Its been years since I got up and over this puzzle, today I felt good (compared to previous weekend) and gave the face a good push - not enough, I was left hanging, then falling backwards. A tearing and tugging on my shorts, the entire bottom tore out as I fell backwards and caught myself. I had the BBC diaper on so could continue, but I left the shorts with the Alien...so funny haha.

Pic by Dave


So we continued on, me with extra and appreciated ventilation - why are we wearing shorts? New HandsUp jersey there.

All the way around I repeated the effort, repeated the fail, front wheel rose but rather than catching myself on tearing shorts, there was nothing there, no footing even, over I went and I felt my head hit the rock through the helmet. Rung my bell, but I didn't pass out, I took my time checking overmyself and feeling for holes. I had my buds check my head, then I got up. Neck was a bit whiplashed, but I was well enough to ride around and out to Gastalt Haus.

The POC Tectal Spin Race did its job






No crash replacement policy so no *need* to stay with the POC. I found the helmet hot and really ugly in pictures before the crash, so I had my eye on the TLD A3 Mips. Colors all sucked for 2024 so I found a sweet Silver 2023 on Amazon. May it cradle my head like the POC "volvo".


No comments:

Post a Comment