Friday, July 24, 2015

Fandango 29er Makes it for Summer 2015

The one tandem weekend we have this summer is tomorrow, and we barely got the Fandango in time.

FedEx tracking claimed it would deliver today, but at noon I got a call asking to schedule delivery for next Monday or Tues. Not.

Alex at MTB Tandems paid extra to get it delivered yesterday too, so I told Fed Ex to hold the package and I'd go pick it up.

I failed to rouse my friends with trucks (vacation and strategic text stalling), almost signed up for ZipCar until I found it would take 3-7 days to get my "key", and in the end decided the Yakima rack on the GTI could handle it, and so it did.
Whence in Hayward/Union City, we stopped for dinner at a local pizza place when the local Phillipino resturant was too busy. No one removed the box from the car, we drove home a little
carefully, got the box off the car and I opened it up. Awesome packing job.

Once out, I found getting the seat posts out and swapped to be tricky, and using a 15mm QR was new for me as well, but I got it standing up. Check out the dual crown forks!
Added some water bottle cages and pump mounts from the Scott 29er (ready for pickup from Beyond Aero BTW), and some pedals front and back. I took it out for a test ride in the dark...

And it rode well! Not sure if its small or big, the fork travel is amazing, rolling over curbs and such, not sure how the stoker is going to like that.

Tomorrow will finally be some Tandem Summer! Hurray!

Thank you for getting it here Alex, the bike looks great, we will get it dirty tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment