Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Recovery and Rolling Stones


Seems I have survived the ride but am suffering recovery - Barb graciously took me to the ER last night as I cramped up and writhed in pain for an hour starting at 1am, for no apparent or interesting reason.

Turns out the problem was kidney stones! Or at least one at 3mm thank you Cat Scan. I am honestly relieved, suspecting instead anything from a ruptured appendix to an Alien baby trying to get out.
Really hurts though, much worse than the HC100 business.

Its possible the HC100 knocked it loose, and I am curious of my training regime of using electrolyte drinks, racing with Salt tabs and HEED may have burned up the kidneys a bit - might be worth looking into, I bet there exist studies on it.

Anyway, after some morphine the spasms settled down, they gave me a stack of prescriptions for pain and for "FlowMax", which sounds pretty high performance/could be made of carbon, but its just drugs. Had a fever too, so they got me some nasty antibiotics that will make be sun-sensitive.

Barbara was great, as usual, throughout my moanings and convulsions then getting me to and staying up most of the night at the hospital. And getting the drugs above. Being married can be very healthy and helpful in these situations when you really need a partner, so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment