Sunday, July 26, 2015

Tandem Summer Day 2 - Fitting and Chopping, Suspension Tuning

Taking feedback from Barb and my own sore wrists, I chopped down the bars, and increased
the range of the stoker bar (via chopping).

Tuning Tandem Fit Via Pipecutter...
I checked the MRP dual crown fork pressure - it was 0 psi. I pumped it to 100, which seemed too
stiff, then dropped it to 75 or a bit under. Seemed to handle better. No instructions for recommended
pressures, so will need to ping MTBTandems.com for that.

Checked the Thudbuster instructions, and it came with hardness 5 rubbers in there, for 165-190 lb person, heavier than stoker. Also came with a spare 3 (softer) and 7 (firm). A 3 + 5 is for 140-165, so I'll get another 3.

Our ride today was shorter, still no climbing, stokers bottom was sore and I was tired. We buzzed kite park on kite day, too many peds but still fun in the sun. Took some pics of MobiTV in the background (sigh).


In other Bikefleet news, did my last Strada ride of the summer with a small gang of BBCers not at the  Crit, and picked up the Scott 29er from the shop. It really looks good and is shifting great, nice bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment