Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Replacing Dead Garmin 500 - Wahoo Reflkt + Tickr + iPhone SE. NO NO NO...

I purchased a new-old-stock Wahoo Reflkt off Ebay for about $30, and ordered a $50 Wahoo Tickr heart rate strap from AmazonThe goal is/was to connect the Wahoo parts to my iPhone SE via Bluetooth - I ride with my phone anyway, so why not leverage it all through the phone?


NO NO NO, its too much and too complicated. The Wahoo Reflkt is a bit "old" and of low quality compared to the full Wahoo head-units as well, and the Wahoo app is a bit much too - involving the phone in ride set up is a drag.

When I ordered the Tickr, I had also ordered the Garmin Forerunner 235, and being a watch-guy, I strapped it on and haven't really looked back - see my review here and pick one up if your old Garmin cycling computer dies on you. I am returning the Tickr un-opened, I'll maybe buy one if my Garmin strap dies/goes missing maybe.

I am not quite sure what to do with the REFLKT - maybe it can live on the road bike, but then I'd be riding with iPhone SE, Reflkt, Forerunner 235, HR strap, Speed/Cadence. I did try to see if the Forerunner would sync with the Reflkt, imagining a second screen for the watch might be okay, keep my eyes on the road/etc, but no dice. Involving the phone IS a bigger pain in the butt than I imagined, but is now confirmed.

Hit me up if you want a good deal on a Reflkt!


No comments:

Post a Comment