Friday, October 11, 2019

NSBike Project, Fox on the Nukeproof, Chainline Boost Rebuild

Constantly falling behind the Blog.

The Rockshox has been rocking the Hightower, its staying on for now.

I did fully install the Fox 34 CTD on the Nukeproof hardtail for a ride - it was okay, but lots of black
gook all over the stanchions. I need to find/build a box to ship these to the service center, not sure
its worth the $175+ unless I *CAN* upgrade the internals.  Need to tighten the cassette.

The 46t on the Hightower has been good, but I find myself holding the lever under power to keep that
46t engaged. The problem is chainline - its a 142mm with a Boost adapter to 148. The disc side has an adapter to to properly reposition the disk 3mm outboard, BUT the cassette has no such compensation. The fix is to get a Boost hub, new spokes, rebuild the rim, etc. IF I bother, do I go 12sp SLX/XT on a wheel rebuild? The bike rode well today, maybe back burner this one until there is a problem.

Problem could be the NSBike - it needs a rear mech. I also will be trying to fix the damaged threads/complete the bolt removal from the 1 x XT M8000, which would also be used for the NSBike. Using a new 11sp would be such a waste...(looking for 12sp justification already).

No comments:

Post a Comment