Sunday, September 29, 2019

Downieville 2019 - Too Much Time in a Bike Shop, Awesome Minion DHF, Dying Garmin Gone Deader

Just back from my 2019 Downieville camping and riding tour. Good times, some amazing riding.

We managed 2 runs, day 3 we bailed due to possible snow and rain at the top.

Tracking hardware and maintenance here, I had way too much time waiting to load shuttles at Yuba Expeditions.

Picked up a new Volt Comp 142mm with custom "Downieville Classic" texture and paint, no more torn cover tearing at my holy shorts collection.

Next, I noticed the cool little on-trail tire plug kits on the rack. One of these for $45. AND my leaking water bladder was killing me too, dripping all over my bag.

Checking over my bag with 30 minutes left, my road-kill Leatherman was found to be siezed up, and I have not apparently been riding with a multi-tool in my bag.

New saddle, new bladder and new tire-plugging tool, off we went.

Minion DHF on the front with one adjustment to drop some pressure and the Hightower was awesome in the dry on Day 1 and wet baby heads on Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment