Monday, September 2, 2019

Fearing the Bonk, and Setting Rebound on the Hightower

I slept in Saturday, fearing the bonk and wasted day of recovery I experienced last Saturday on the Norris Canyon loop from Danville Peets.

This left energy for the afternoon family MTB ride at Stafford Bike Park on Sunday. Some jumps, some optimization of effort to use the Midpoint cutoff to the Kid's Flow Trail - gets me to the good jumps.


I've been getting along better with the Hightower, now that I have been trying to tune the suspension -  the secret has been REBOUND. Increasing this front and rear has made the bike come alive. I took Z's Nukeproof Scout for a spin on the jumps, its a nice comparison.

Speaking of the Scout, the Rockshock Pike continues to amaze. I bled off the air and opened up the chamber to find 2 volume tokens in place, maybe explaining the subtle, amazing handling and fun of that bike. So I added another token.
I then tried to open up my Fox 34 on the Hightower, but was unable to open the airchamber to peek inside because I lack a 28+mm socket. Maybe I should put the Pike on the Hightower.

Psyched by the afternoon at Stafford Lake, I woke up ready to face the road bike again on Labor Day with a 50 mile Zoo Loop:

No comments:

Post a Comment