Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Fox 34 pre 2016 don't use volume spacers

I finally got all the 28mm Fox socket to open up my Fox 34 CTD FIT so I could add my collection
of Fox 34 volume spacers, and....no where to connect the spacers!

Nice smooth top, no way to connect. Looking into the left fork-leg and a reflecting pool of oil stared back. Hmm.

Internet, and I found pictures of the "Top Cap" air assembly for 32's that were hacked for spacers, but reading I finally found other clods like myself who were surprised to learn that volume spacers were NOT for their forks. We get to use OIL. Not sure I want to get into that.

So the excellent Fox site and plugged in my fork ID and its a 2014, and oh, there is an upgrade
to 2016 internals that maybe take air spacers? I can't find the part online/out of stock, so I sign up for an "RA" from Fox. I get a number, and go back and forth asking about a quote on that upgrade, which is supposed to be a sweet deal.

Downieville is next week, out of time, maybe after.

Lesson is, I should have started with Fox first, maybe 2 months ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment